Saturday, March 21, 2009

HOT CHICK

Thursday I had a date with Hong Di. Our family went to dinner and then Hong Di changed clothes and we were ready to go. We got on her bike and drove 3 people around.









We went to the Alley next to the Giant cucumber.


















In China there are many alleyways where the stores are. They sell different stuff than in the USA such as vegitables in a wooden box, dead sea horses on the ground for medicine, dead snakes. deer muscle, roots, opium pipes, and small wooden coffins for ashes.



Here are some things you can buy in the alleyways.



Dead seahorses spread out on the sidewalk (they smell pretty strong)









You can buy different size scorpions. They put them in a bag with chopsticks























The poultry section











Hong Di bought me a giant puppy and we did pictures together in a booth. Let me letcha in on a little secret - I think she's cute!

Let's get down to things. I got to ride on her motorcycle and boy it was fun. They alleyways have lights and boomboxes everywhere playing music, lots of shops and lots of people. When we went to the fruit shop on the way back, a guy showed us a pineapple knife and showed us how to cut a pineapple. I tried and it was a mess, but he gave us the pineapple to eat. This is us in front of sugarcane. You can buy it in the alley too.



We went to her home and met her roomate and she showed us her room. The bathroom was small. The floor was the floor of the shower and the top of the room was the shower sprayer. After we saw her room, we got on her bike and drove all the way to the hotel. I tok a shower and went to bed with my new stuffed dog.
See the national geographic picture of the day!








3 comments:

  1. Wow what great pictures! You must have had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG there was this kid on Little People Big World who looked so much like you it's not even funny. It was his hair and the way he held himself....I recorded it for you...

    Also Mom! I turned on the TV RIGHT as a hemochomotosis show turned off! Nooooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alli - last night Carson said "Mom, I'm really missing Alli right now"

    Don't worry - you know more about hemochromotosis than I do Al!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete